My chicks are finally ordered! I ordered 10. Four will live at my house and six will go to the hospital where Justin works. I ordered: 2 Ameraucanas (they lay blue and green eggs), 2 Dominques (or 'Domineckers' as grandmama calls them), 2 silver laced Wyandottes, 1 Cuckoo Marans (lays chocolate Brown eggs), 1 naked necked Turken (guess who picked that one), 1 white crested black polish, and 1 Delaware.
My chicks are still a glimmer in some rooster's eye. They won't be laid until around May 5. Their mothers will sit on them for 21 days. On May 26th they'll be sexed and vaccinated. And on May 27th they will be put in a box and sent in the US Mail from Connecticut to Maryland. I'm supposed to warn my mailman. They will live off their internal yoke until they get to my house where they will want lots of fresh food and water.
I'll post pictures as soon as possible. And will Sarah or Andy link this to the Egan Fam Communication blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I posted first; I win. BOCK! BOCK! CHEEP CHEEP! PEEP PEEP!
Post a Comment